Smart Call Plus / Satellite Direct Plus®
Call your satcom direct with a 10 digit phone number.
Smart Call Plus allows users to place calls directly to their aircraft or mobile terminals located anywhere in the world by simply dialing a pre-assigned 10 digit terrestrial number. Numbers may be available that have the same prefix as your company headquarters.
Smart Call Plus is available for Satellite Terminals such Iridium, Thuraya, Inmarsat B, M, Mini-M, GAN, BGAN, Fleet, FleetBroadband, Swift 64, SwiftBroadband, and other aeronautical services as well as portable SatPhone such as Iridium 9505, 9555, Iridium Extreme and Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro.
Our global teleport network automatically locates the Inmarsat mobile terminal using Inmarsat's mobility management system. For services that are not supported by Inmarsat's mobility management system (i.e., Inmarsat aeronautical services other than Swift and SwiftBroadband), our teleport network employs a proprietary mobility management scheme that can locate a mobile terminal in any ocean region.
- Easy single-stage access dialing. (Example 636-555-1212)
- Allows calls to the aircraft, vessel or portable SatPhone from terrestrial and wireless networks world-wide.
Supports the following call types:
- High quality and low-speed voice
- 3.1 kHz Audio used for STU-III/IIB, fax and low-speed data.
- UDI (Unrestricted Digital Interface) Data used for Mobile
-ISDN high-speed data or Secure Terminal Equipment (STE).
Smart Call / Satellite Direct®
Dial a toll-free number
Smart Call is a free service offered by AirSatOne that allows users to place calls from any location in the world to any satellite terminal at highly affordable rates using a toll free number.
Our network automatically locates the Inmarsat mobile terminal using Inmarsat's mobility management system. For services that are not supported by Inmarsat's mobility management system (i.e., Inmarsat B and aeronautical services other than Swift 64 and SwiftBroadband), our LES network employs a proprietary mobility management scheme that can locate a mobile terminal in any ocean region.
Features include Caller Line Identification (CLI) and Quick Number Dialing (QND).
- CLI: By registering your number with AirSatOne we can recognize the number and allow the call to be placed to the aircraft or portable SatPhones without having to enter a PIN code
- QND: Quick number dialing allows the aircraft operator to specify a Quick Number associated with the aircraft without having to enter the satellite phone number. Quick numbers can be assigned to one aircraft, the entire fleet and portable satellite phones. Registered users can assign up to 99,999 quick numbers; enough to cover a large fleet along with portable SatPhones.
3 Simple Steps
- Dial the toll-free number. (US 800-551-7534)
- Enter your pincode if your number is not registered for Caller Line Identification
- Enter your Quick Number code or the satellite phone number